Author: Rujuta Diwekar
“Eating in the age of dieting”, What? Wow, this title is everything for me to convince myself to spend money to purchase this book from the airport during my visit to India. I was going to spend my maternity leaves in India after giving birth to my second baby. Yes, you read it right. A mother of 2 kids with her postpartum weight who loves to eat and try different cuisines and suddenly saw the book with this title. Oops! Its bang hit the right nerve.
Immediately bought it without any second thought and finished it during my 8 hours of journey from Dubai to India. When I finished the book, took a deep breath, and started feeling relaxed and happy. This book is not like the regular weight loose books I saw in the various bookstores.
The wellness coach behind the adores of Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan noticed a simple change in our consumption patterns — in a bid to eat well, and stay strong, khichdi was surpassing smoothies. And it seems to be advocating only one point – for food low key is everything.
What I liked about the book:
- Very easy, simple, and understandable language with various info graphs.
- Rujuta is putting more emphasis on eating local and seasonal which most of us know is the key but do not follow under the influence of the packaged food.
- She didn’t force her to stop eating sugar, rice, sweets, etc. but everywhere she mentioned to use the correct form of sugar, jaggery.
- She emphasizes regular exercises, yoga, and walks along with gym visits on regular basis.
- Liked the way she gave real-life examples to explain the benefits of the various not-so-known food items and delicacies.
- Easy to make and follow diet and recipes are shared in the book.
In conclusion, it is a worth buying book for anyone who has a belief in eating locally and avoid a fad diet. Importantly, all the recipes and tips mentioned in the book can be easily followed. Highly recommended for those who believe to be fitter and healthier and losing weight is not the only goal for them. In short, I am insisting all of you read this book and follow as much you can because the methods mentioned here are convenient.
You can buy the book from Amazon and it is present in Kindle as well.