Publisher: Rupa Publications
President of Jagran Prakashan Ltd., Apurva Purohit, is an Indian Businesswoman who wrote this great book about the life of the women and their various experiences in phases of life.
Through her corporate world, understanding and her experience of working in a media field bring many colors to this book.
Nowadays, it is tough for a woman to compromise on any [part of life, whether it is a career or her personal life. She is ready to deal with every crisis. This book brings loads of moments where you will feel like “Ohh my god that’s me or has she written about me 😊”.
The best part of the book was the short tales she used as her style, which brings the message at the end in the form of humor and reality. She bought her own personal experiences and mentioned about her family members.
This book of her can be a medium of learning the corporate mantra for the women through a Woman.
Today’s woman is unstoppable and they want to win all the fronts of their life. Being a working woman myself and a mother of a kid, I found myself in a situation several times when I have to struggle between personal and professional choices and decide to prioritize between Husband, Kid or work. The Responsibility of dealing with never-ending deadlines, preoccupied husband, Challenging bosses, Stubborn kids, nosy colleagues, and equally demanding in-laws can be crushing several times. Any working mom can relate to this book quickly. You will not find anything new and extraordinary in this book, but whatever incidences and events mentioned in it can be easily relatable with your own life. The book goes witty from time to time, and I am sure no one can stop laughing with watery eyes.
I have summarized a few marvelous points from the book for my reference but want to mention here as well:
- Accept your femininity the way it is. No matter what people say, be confident, and accept the way you are.
- Dream big and high, but be prepared that you cannot achieve everything in one go. Everything takes its own time and never loses hope and confidence. , you can have it, but not all at the same time.
- A woman can only understand the charm of multitasking because they are born to do multitask and end up doing more work.
- Every woman faces a phase in their life when they have to take a break from their career to raise a responsible human being for society. Cherish it and wear it as a crown as no one else can do it better than you.
- Women grow smart and confident with age. Invest time and money on yourself.
- If a woman wants to fly or to touch the stars, no one can stop her, but only she, her inner fear, or her fellow women counterparts. Just keep yourself in their shoes and try to understand the situation as a fellow woman.
- There is no shame in asking for help. We all need support at some or other points of our life. Trust it will make us stronger as we can focus on other essential things in our life.
- Don’t play the woman’s card, and always believe in your hard work and commitment towards your work. Never take advantage of the privileges given to you as a woman.
- Women should never shy away from making great relationships and networking. They must understand that we should build great relationships beyond work and use the power of networking. Several times women forget this crucial aspect of the corporate world due to the commitments towards the family.
We all get only one life and being a woman; sometimes, it is challenging to play so many roles together. There are so many women out there who are not fortunate to get the right education and opportunities in life. We should feel blessed and choose our choices wisely in life.
So many girls, Women, and their parents start thinking about marriage and motherhood very early in their life and career. They start diverting there focus from the work to their personal life. It is also an important decision in life, but the right achievements at the right time are always great.
Men can also learn several things from this book. I am sure it can be an eye-opener for them when they see the roles all the women in their life play at different stages.
I enjoyed reading it and got motivated as well.
Come on ladies get a copy for yourself and experience the your corporate world’s challenges from the writer’s pen :-).